We offer Coffee Courses on no less than six topics! Below are each of the modules with the learning outcomes they cover. Each new Coffee Course will be added to a module as it is offered.
Module 1: Introduction to TEL
This module covers the core issues and principles of technology-enhanced learning (TEL), and how to best apply TEL to your practice.
- Identify how pedagogy underpins technology-enhanced learning
- Select appropriate technology to meet learning outcomes
- Design effective online activities
Module 2: Engagement
This module examines how build active and engaging courses, foster positive relationships and group dynamics, and communicate effectively with students.
- Create opportunities for student engagement and active learning in your course
- Evaluate how students are engaging in your course
- Identify strategies and opportunities to improve communication and engagement
- Flipping the Classroom
- Engaging Students Online
- Enhancing your lecture: strategies for student engagement
- Group and collaborative learning
- Deep and interactive learning in lectures
- Facilitating Effective Discussions
- Developing Communities of Practice
- The Science of Learning
- Going Hybrid and multi-mode at ANU: Teaching students on and off campus
Module 3: Digital Content
How to create and adapt teaching materials to be suitable for online delivery is the core concern of this module.
- Identify and apply affordances of delivering resources and content with digital tools
- Create a digital version of a teaching resource
- Building effective interactive and video content
Module 4: Assessment and Feedback
This module unpacks best practice in assessment and feedback in the context of technology-enhanced learning.
- Explain how assessment principles and practices are impacted by online technologies
- Describe strategies and tools for assessment in online and blended learning contexts
- Examine, appraise and propose strategies and tools for assessing learners in your own teaching practice
Module 5: Diversity and Inclusion
TEL can create opportunities for inclusion and support diversity, but also limit inclusion as well. In this module, we'll explore approaches to create inclusive uses of technology.
- Recognize how technology-enhanced learning can impact inclusion of students and teachers
- Devise strategies and techniques to support a diverse range of learners
- Promote wellbeing and universal design in courses
Module 6: Trends and Futures
This module looks at technology trends and futures, and how these developments are beginning to impact higher education.
- Evaluate how broader technology trends are affecting higher education
- Examine the potentially disruptive role of new digital technologies on tertiary learning